On 06/11/2007, Tim Bray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2007, at 4:05 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>
> > Putting /usr/gnu at the head of PATH causes incompatibilities to
> > apply.
>
> Failure to put /usr/gnu at the head of PATH will cause a huge class
> of potential Solaris users to be confused and irritated and many of
> them will walk away.
>
> The choice seems obvious to me.  -Tim

That seems a rather alarmist way of putting it. While I'm all for
making things easier for users, that it is not the only solution
available to us as I'm sure you are aware.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall