John Plocher wrote:
> Shawn Walker wrote:
>
>>> Tell that to whoever violated ARC by putting /usr/gnu at the head of
>>> $PATH in the indiana preview ;)
>>>
>> No violation of ARC occurred. ARC is not a required process until
>> consolidations are integrated, etc.
>>

> On the other extreme, it would be extremely stupid^H^H^H^H^H^H ineffective
> to bundle up all the changes made to Indiana and produce them at the end
> of February in one un-reviewablely large "we're done, here is everything
> we did" ARC case....
>
> There seems to be a bunch of stuff that got started, is being prototyped
> and played with, has gotten integrated into a gate somewhere and was
> shipped as part of a developer prototype release that still isn't on the
> ARC radar.

I am not sure what you are referring to. We have not integrated anything
in to any gate at this point in time, other than the various project
gates which you see on opensolaris. And, one internal slim installer
gate that will be open shortly(waiting on final legal I think). None of
these are official gates, just prototype gates.

This is simply a prototype, nothing integrated anywhere that requires
ARC or PAC approval. We know what needs to be done process wise and
certainly will follow all appropriate process along the way. Nothing in
Feb is gonna be bundled up and put forth as a huge ARC case.
> That's the point that has a bunch of us concerned - not that the review
> hasn't been completed, but that they many of them haven't even been started!

There simply wasn't time. And, since this is a prototype we felt that
the way we did this was ok. In actuality though, some of Indiana has
been ARC'd. The installer pieces were ARC'd as part of Dwarf Caiman(SXDE).

Please don't invite trouble by assuming we won't do the right thing.
There is a great group of engineers working on this project and we all
believe in the benefits of review.

Regards,
sarah