On Nov 30, 2007 9:25 AM, Simon Phipps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2007, at 15:18, Shawn Walker wrote:
>
> > I often hear the excuse that "we're still learning" -- but some things
> > are plain ole' "common sense."
>
> Sadly "common sense" isn't that common, nor is there universal
> agreement what it means.

*Opens mouth, inserts foot*

I expected that response when I said that :)

However, I guess my perspective is wildly different having started in
software development with open source projects and then going to work
for a company to develop proprietary ones.

I've spent so many years participating in open source projects that I
guess I can't see certain things as being anything other than
"logical."

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall