> http://directorymanager.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/an-op
> en-letter-to-the-opends-community-and-to-sun-microsyst
> ems/
>
> --
> Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
> http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/
>
> "We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all
> uses of all
> junction types--in the absence of quantum computing
> the combinatorics
> are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall

We all hope as Neil suggested in his post that this is an isolated incident
arising from a rogue middle manager. Given the whole fiasco we had around the
use of the OpenSolaris brand for Indiana it would be good judgement for Sun to
know:
 * Is this sort of behavior from middle management condoned by the senior
executive?

 * If not, what will be done to make good on the damage done to the OpenDS
community?

 * As these staff members were members of the community paid by Sun to act on
their behalf will there be any sort of apologies/reparations made to these
staff for the appalling treatment they received?

 * What guarantees can Sun offer to other Open Source communities in which it
has the controlling hand?

 * What are Sun's plans for the future of OpenDS?