On Nov 30, 2007, at 2:48 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The OpenSolaris governance model needed to be approved by Sun before
> it was put up for a community vote; that was all conducted in the
> Open.  What that means is also that we cannot change the governance
> model without renewed approval.
>
> Assuming for the sake of discussion that OpenDS operates under a
> similar
> model, then the following change log of the OpenDS governance model
> tells
> a lot:

You may be correct in as far as what entities have control. What
matters here is the allegation of the blog writer that the OpenDS
board, who had been given notice of severance of employment from SUNW,
made the changes _under duress_ - the penalty being the loss of their
severance benefits if they did not rubber stamp SUNW's desires/demands.

That is the real issue to me. Now, I have no real reason to believe
this Neil Wilson, but I have zero reason to disbelieve him, either.

/dale