I have installed 127729-2 (and about 66 other patches), and now instead of
saying "Invalid argument", it says "Operation Not Supported".  I guess that is
a better message, but I wish it were more specific.  Not sure whether that is
Linux' doing or Solaris.

I found http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=128849, which
lead me to mount the zfs over nfs to Linux with "noacl".  The problem seems
gone.  Of course I could not use ACLs, but at least at this time, that is not a
problem for me.

I thank all of your for your help.  Any one of your posts is head and shoulders
above anything I have ever gotten in the past.

I am using SUN's free download of U4 for two reasons:  [1] We are switching to
it at work, and it will both help me be effective and save my sanity to not try
to convert concurrently in two different directions, and [2] I don't have a
good understanding of the reliability of Solaris Express Developer's Edition,
and assume that U4 may have its residual bugs, but that I don't have a
disaster.  I am *excited* about the Indiana series!