On Dec 22, 2007, at 1:47 AM, James Carlson wrote:

> Ray Clark writes:
>> I realize that paid support is what pays the bills, but I as a
>> private individual running a server for my family am not going to
>> be paying for support.  I don't know what my employer does;
>> hopefully "pays the bills".
>
> In that case, I'd recommend using an OpenSolaris-based distribution
> instead.

There used to be a service plan for Solaris costing only $120/year.  I
can't find
that service plan any more and it seems that the cheapest plan is now
$324.  At
$120 a year even a home user could afford it but at $324 I find it
harder to
justify and OpenSolaris looks like a more attractive alternative.

Krister