> I'm not going to try to defend the SDC -- this is neither the right
> list to discuss it nor do I have any connection at all with the people
> who run that site -- but there's a complication here that I think the
> folks posting (and vociferously at that) on the thread need to
> realize.

Considering "SDC", runs this website, this is the perfect place to bring it up!

> The existing Solaris Express distribution is not redistributable.  It
> includes licensed software from other entities, in the form of the old
> CDE environment and Xsun server, among other things.  As a result, it
> just _can't_ be as simple as "wget ftp://sun.com/sxce.iso";.  I think
> it'd be great if we could do that, but you may as well yell at the IPR
> holders rather than those who are legally compelled to follow the
> rules.
>
> That's why it has that click-through license agreement, and why you
> can't just wget it.  The problem isn't just a technical bit of
> stupidity that can be fixed by application of clue.

Sorry, but that is not logical at all. Either that, or I miserably failed at
grasping the logic:

what does the premise that SXCE/DE aren't redistributable have to do with the
fact that one has to login to download it?

How does forcing people to login before downloading "prevent" or "ensure" that
SXCE/DE won't be "redistributed"?

And why would anybody bother to "redistribute" 3.5GB worth of stuff that is
already available gratis from Sun?

What you wrote just doesn't seem to be logically connected.