> Defaults are for people who have no preferences of
> their own.

Defaults in Indiana are bad. Very bad. If you wanted people to have a sane
Bourne-like shell, you could've picked zsh, no problem.

And you can't be telling me that not having the option to pick one's own shell
(including /bin/tcsh) during installation is right.

If IRIX, an EOLd SVR4 UNIX, had it since the early '90s of the past century,
then the "most advanced operating system on the planet", along with the
"cutting edge distribution" has no excuse not to have that option.

And there isn't a single person on this planet, not one, that can tell me
that's OK.

> I had no problem creating my account to use /bin/tcsh
> and copying
> over my .cshrc with my $PATH.   I'm sure someone who
> calls themself
> "UNIX admin" can do the same in seconds.

That's not the point.

You guys are phenomenal engineers, but you do have one major flaw: a lot of you
think in terms of a single system managed by a guy with lots and lots of time
and the willingness to walk around from system to system and hack stuff around.

I don't have one system.  I have tens of thousands of systems. It has to work
for all of them, just as it would for one of them.

Which brings me to another point: what's with "Indiana" and JumpStart?
And is there any packaging guide for the new IPS system?

Can I hack a system to have /bin/tcsh? Of course, or else I wouldn't be a
system engineer.

I'm just not the type. Like any decent system engineer, I *hate* hacking stuff
to get it to work. Not only do I *hate* it, I *despise* it.

(And by "hacking" I don't mean hacking code. That's something entirely
different.)