I have a solution for Herr Martin Bochnig that I think will make everyone in
the OpenSolaris community happy:

There are many people like me who have old Pentium III and Pentium IV computers
with only 500 megabytes of RAM and we can't run Project Indiana OpenSolaris
2008.05 on these computers because it will run too slow. Instead, I have to run
an XFCE based OpenSolaris distro called "Milax" (the solaris version of da mn
small linux), which you can download from this link:

  http://www.milax.org/

and I love using Milax for certain purposes because it is so compact, so light
weight and so much faster and more efficient than the regular Solaris and
OpenSolaris distros are on old hardware.

However, there is one big problem-- MILAX DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD PACKAGE
MANAGEMENT SYSTEM!!!! And I think that is the one thing that is slowing it down
from getting more widespread use and adoption.

So why don't we have Martin Bochnig join forces with the Russian guy who does
the programming for Milax and integrate the Conary package management system in
to XFCE Milax. Call it "Bochnix" or whatever you want, but I think that Milax
with a Conary package management system would have definite advantages for
customized ZFS server installations and for running on older platforms like my
$100 Acer laptop: the speed, efficiency, and compactness of Milax combined with
the flexibility and customization of the Conary package management system would
be a real force to be reckoned with in the UNIX world. Who knows? I'm not a
fortune teller, but maybe it will be the best UNIX ever twenty or thirty years
from now. You won't know if you don't try.

I think it would be better to combine Martux and Milax into one super-powerful
OpenSolaris distro (Marlax?) than it would be to have what we currently have
right now where everyone is working at cross purposes trying to run their own
"one man show" by creating their own custom distro instead of combining forces
and getting some group synergy effects going.