Joerg Schilling wrote:
> I would prefer if the user account installation could ask during OS install
> whether the user like to have a UNIX or a Linux profile and inform people that
> the GNU profile (as known fro Linux) could not support all features of the
> UNIX programs. Note that Solaris _has_ an own userland while Linux uses the
> GNU userland that does not even implement Linux specific features.

We're not going to do that in the installer, as it's a question too
subtle for explanation there, and it isn't something that is absolutely
necessary to get the system up and running.  For OpenSolaris, we've
chosen the default which makes the most sense for the most users, just
as with every other default.  The solution here is to fix the utilities.

Dave