> > If they do how can they have an interest into non
> disclosing information on old and no longer
> commercially exploited technology?
>
> That's their right to determine, not ours or yours.

This is arguable. As a consumer I have the right to use the hardware I purchase
in whatever way I see fit and without limitations. Moore's law has accelerated
the aging of technology consumer products, however in real terms I would expect
any goods I purchase to be usable for more than a decade.

If a vendor decides to no longer support a product, he should be forced to
disclose the information necessary for the consumers to continue to use their
product, and any IP and licenses made void and unenforceable.

I hope that this will be clarified by future legislation, and I am confident
that in Europe this will happen sooner or later.