> Windows 7:   Requires at least 1Ghz CPU, 1 GB RAM,
>> MacOS "Snow Leopard": only supports Intel Macs - no
> WinXP?   That is hardly the latest Windows - I doubt
> that machine runs Vista
> or Windows 7.   You'll be able to run Solaris 10 for
> many years to come on
> your workstation - that would be similar to running

True, however my WinXP laptop that I use only to browse the Internet from the
bathroom runs the latest version of Firefox. Something that appears to be hard
business for a Unix/Solaris/Linux workstation! To get the latest Firefox you
have to upgrade the whole system. And that of course applies to several other
applications, not just Firefox.