> Suggest you read a little more thoroughly:

> "In order to use the Solaris operating system for perpetual commercial
use, each system running Solaris must be expressly licensed to do so. An
Entitlement Document comprises such license and is delivered to you
either with a new Sun system or from Sun Services as part of your
service agreement."

That paragraph continues:

"Customers who did not receive an Entitlement Document with their new Sun
system or through their service agreement must register each system running
Solaris with Sun. Before you install Solaris on additional systems, you must
first register those systems to receive an additional Entitlement Document."

The way I read this is that if you didn't receive an Entitlement Document
"either with a new Sun system or from Sun Services as part of your service
agreement", then you must obtain an Entitlement Document by means of
registering each system on Sun's Web site. That will give you a license "to use
the Solaris operating system for perpetual commercial use".

So I still think you're overreacting. (Whether service agreements are priced
too steeply is another matter; I'm not qualified to comment.)

Since this is an OpenSolaris board, why are you bringing up FreeBSD? You can't
get official commercial support for FreeBSD any more than you can for Fedora or
for Arch Linux, since all three are free, non-commercial distributions. So I
don't see what advantage FreeBSD has for someone who wants to migrate from
Solaris 10 over OpenSolaris.