joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersm...@oracle.com> wrote:
>> Is that a horrible thing?   Only if you expect and wait for it to be
>> something
>> it's not.   Accept it for what it is and figure out how to work with it.
>> You
>> can always be in control of your fork/distro, just don't expect Oracle to
>> give
>> up their control.
>
> Maybe you don't understand my intentions, I am not interested in being forced
> to fork as long as there is a way to collaborate. Collaborating has the
> advantage to reduced efforts at both sides.

But you seem to be using "collaborate" to mean "fully share control", not just
"work with."

> Alan, you are working on Xorg and I believe you know by own experience that
> collaboration is possible.

Yes - but X.Org is a different case, since it was started as a joint project by
people from many companies and distros who all agreed not to have a single
controlling sponsor.   X.Org does currently have a "lord of the manor" for the
X server though - Keith Packard is the maintainer of the xorg-server git repo,
and only he is allowed to commit directly to the master branch.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com