> <snip>
> In a world where Solaris 10/Next is only available as a 90 day trial . . .

This is completely UNTRUE, and I really hope that we at least don't repeat the
FUD here.

The 90-day trial language already existed in Sun's license.  The reason that
Oracle specifically spells it out was probably in response to complaints from
those of us who have been dutifully paying licensing fees.  Nothing has changed
as far as the right to use is concerned.

For anyone who cares to read the licensing agreement for the downloaded version
of Solaris 10, s/he should easily find out that there is no time limit for
"internal use".  Oracle intentionally left this term undefined.  Since any
ambiguity in a contract is interpreted against the drafter, it is fairly safe
to say that anything that does not register on Oracle's radar (e.g., you are
not making the kind of $$$ that's worth Oracle's attorney fees) will fall under
the "internal use" exception.