Why on earth would a company that uses BSD code fork it when they
can get you, the original developer, to maintain it for free?

The biggest lie out of the GPL camp is that the BSD license lets
companies
"steal" software.  In reality, when a company uses BSD software they
quickly find out that if they add a bunch of extra stuff to it
and -don't- make
the source available, that when development of the BSD source continues
move onward, that it creates a nightmare of trying to integrate "their"
changes to the ongoing BSD software.

The biggest software thief on the face of the Earth is Microsoft and
they -LIKE-
the BSD license, they even released a reference of c# coded for FreeBSD
under
the BSD license.  However they don't use BSD code in their own stuff for
the
very reason I just cited - they don't want to share -their- code and they
know that
it isn't maintainable to modify BSD code and not feed the changes back to
the common source tree.

You need to let reality puncture the RMS pipedream you've been sucking
down
with regards to the BSD license compared to the GPL.  Anyone who writes
and
sings a theme song for a software license is certifyable.

The OpenSSL license is just as subject to the same issues here as BSD,
and
you want to use it - yet apparently the license that's good enough for it
isn't
good enough for your own stuff?  Sounds a bit like hipocracy to me.

Ted