On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 22:57 +0100, Christian Jäger wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 17.01.2008, 21:11 +0000 schrieb peter nikolic:
> > On Thursday 17 January 2008, Christian Jäger wrote:
> > > It is perfectly normal that an indexing tool is especially active when
> > > building an initial index. Whoever doesn't have the patience to wait
> > Beagle should be an OPTION not a preset thing .
> >
> > I would think very few people using Opensuse on the desktop either at work
> > or
> > at home do not need Beagle  and prefere a faster more responsive machine to
> > one that is faffing around building an unwanted index of some form
> > .
> Again, I strongly doubt that; few people are properly organized (I'm
> not), otherwise Google Desktop wouldn't be the success it is.

Before this goes on and on like the opensuse@ thread, I propose that I
(being someone interested in the beagle decision and somewhat
responsible for its packaging) put together a summary of the issues
real/perceived, known bugs and a list of the options.  I should be able
to do this sometime next week.

One note is that there really hasn't been a precedent for discussing
distro changes like this in public, its generally been up to "the powers
that be" - either the team leads or developers at Novell for various
components or coolo/aj to make this decision so this is kind of a
change.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>