On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 09:11:00PM +0000, peter nikolic wrote:
> On Thursday 17 January 2008, Christian Jäger wrote:
> > It is perfectly normal that an indexing tool is especially active when
> > building an initial index. Whoever doesn't have the patience to wait
> Beagle should be an OPTION not a preset thing .
>
> I would think very few people using Opensuse on the desktop either at work or
> at home do not need Beagle  and prefere a faster more responsive machine to
> one that is faffing around building an unwanted index of some form  , As for
> Mac users   nuff said .

My gripes with beagle are just two:
1) It tends to use quite a lot of disk space (at least during its
   initial run) even it the disk is almost full, resulting in 100%
   disk usage.
2) It runs even when my laptop is running on battery shortening battery
   life.

I don't think that either point is something that most users have
problems with/care about so my solution to my problems was:
I removed all beagle packages from my system and added *beagle* to
/etc/zypper/locks.
I'm running factory.

Ciao
   Joerg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>