Στις 31/12/2010 10:30 πμ, ο/η jdd έγραψε:
Le 31/12/2010 09:24, Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr) a écrit :

Most users are windows based.
many winbdows users don't even know they use windows, nor than Word is
not free

my sister that uses mails don't know what is an "application" (she
don't use any webphone :-) - notice she is 78, not 18 :-)

This is not a problem that any GNU/Linux distribution should care about to fix. This is an education problem. If someone doesn't know how to use a computer or the software of that computer then someone should explain to him what it is and how it works. In the case of Free Software what we - the advocates of free software - *should* do is not to create an alternative to proprietary software "beautiful working doll" but to also explain to people: what is hardware, what is software and what is free software. Why is important about their freedom to use free software and why is dangerous for their freedom to ignore the difference between free and proprietary software. It will not take more than some hours to have a conversation with somebody and explain these things, and it will save much more time than creating more and more "software dolls".

my wife keep asking "go and show me my friend on the net" and give me
a x...@yyyy.zz. I have to say "this is a mail, not an Internet web site
adress".

Now, with Diaspora there will be many misunderstandings, though. They give you a "handle" in the form of: u...@joindiaspora.com which as they write: "This is not actually an email address yet, but one day maybe it will. For now, you should log on to your diaspora account and try and search for your friend using the address they gave you". This thing indeed changes the common computer language around the planet.