On Friday 31 December 2010 19:20:54 jdd wrote:
> Le 31/12/2010 15:52, Kostas Boukouvalas a écrit :
> > Now, I understand more clearly the topic of the discussion.
>
> we even should have to define "software".
>
> I want to be clear. We don't have to do so with avery bit of text we
> have on the wiki, of course. We only have to provide:
>
> * *at least one* page with very low level info regarding openSUSE
> (including seek for help or we are not for you :-(). On the main page
> of my LUG (http://www.culte.org/) I have a big title "Je n'y comprends
> rien" (I don't understand a bit") aimed to such people. We have at
> least to be friendly to such people. If they wonder to read our doc,
> may be once they may become members :-))

Yes, having something like that surely makes sense. A page explaining
software, operating systems, Free Software, linux, openSUSE... Probably can be
largely copy-pasted (with attribution) from wikipedia.

In the interest of "DO, not TALK" I created an Etherpad page to write a "I am
new to Linux" page on the openSUSE homepage. I have created a skeleton and
copy-pasted info from wikipedia and the FSF page. Someone needs to check if we
can copy-paste from the FSF site ;-)

http://ietherpad.com/HGnVPSDjFD

And help is welcome!