On 01/15/2008 04:13 PM, Stan Goodman wrote:
I've found BTW that somebody (probably many more) has opened a bug about this
at Sun. Sun has put a note on it to the effect that a 64-bit plugin is
committed for Java v1.7. No mention about when this will happen.
I've been waiting for years.  Don't hold your breath.
I've also found the Blackdown Java v1.4.2, and will unstall it.
Hopefully you mean install.
Presumably I
will need first to uninstall the Java 1.4.2 that YaST installed.
Not at all. Since the Blackdown is not an rpm, it installs similar to uncompressing a file. Just install it to a directory, and link the plugin to /usr/lib64/browser-plugins
I'm assuming also that I will need to make v1.4.2 the default JRE. If so, how
do I do that?

No need.  You only really need it for the plugin.

--
Joe Morris