On 01/16/2008 07:14 PM, M9. wrote:
Another thing:

To test the java you go to:
http://java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

If the red X is showing, the applet is not loaded.
Correct, mine showed the red x. Right clicking in the frame gave me a choice to go to the java console, where I saw this error java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: testvmDynamicJavaCom (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) Which only tells me the applet does not support this older version I am using (but the ONLY working 64 bit java plugin available).

So there are more things that need to be done before Java works in a
64bits firefox.....
It does work for most things, but of course it is getting old. Why Blackdown could do it almost 4 years ago, but Sun still cannot, I do not understand. Seems not to be technical reasons, but political.

--
Joe Morris