On 01/16/2008 03:14 AM, M9. wrote:

Stan Goodman schreef:
> ** Reply to message from "Joe Morris (NTM)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Tue, 15 Jan
> 2008 19:29:59 +0800

>> I've been waiting for years.  Don't hold your breath.
>>> I've also found the Blackdown Java v1.4.2, and will install it.
> In fact,what I actually found was a _link_ to the Blackdown file. Now I have > found others. What they all have in common is that they lead either to blank > pages or to non-existent directories. The archived file seems to have vanished
> from the 'Net.

> Does someone know if it is present somewhere?
Wow, seems the last place I downloaded it from has deleted it. I have it downloaded (the sdk not the jre version), but it is 32 MB. Not sure how to make it available to you. This package seems to have disappeared from all mirrors. Really too bad.

 Try the other link, you can ftp them down,
many mirrors, surely there is one beside you.
On 11.0 it does not work, firefox hangs on the java testpage,
the manual shows a wrong way to symlink the plugin,
What manual?
system does not completely shutdown, had to use button.
I threw away the symlink and the install, and than it wnt back to normal.
What are you talking about?
The pluginwrapper, that is installed by default does not work here either.
That is to use a 32 bit plugin with a 64 bit browser. Blackdown has a 64 bit plugin.

You can try it (BD) yourself, but it *might* be a waste of time, but
maybe for you it is not.
It is hardly a waste of time to have a working 64 bit java plugin, if you prefer to use a 64 bit firefox.
The only thing that works is the 32bits fifefox, because there is only i
mean i586. javaplugin
Wrong.
j2re1.4.2/plugin/i386/mozilla/libjavaplugin_oji.so (BlackDown pkg)

You did not get the amd64 package
--
Joe Morris