That's all WW2 is... It's a web adapter for Xwork with custom views and
custom handling of HTTP request / response.

> > > At the present moment ww2 I see as extension to velocity,
> because it
> > > has
> no
> > > meaning without it. I don't think it should be that way.
> >
> > I'm not sure about that - I mean, velocity is just one of the
> > components used in WW2. Velocity is a text templating
> engine (also not
> > related to the Web directly) - how is WW2 an extension of a text
> > templating engine?!
> >

> It's  because ww2 does not work without velocity, now ww2 is
> relaying on velocity, it does not work without it.

It also doesn't work without Xwork, OSCore, Ognl, etc... WW2 is an
extension of Xwork with web stuff wrapping the generic command pattern.

> > I think you need to explain yourself a little more. Should WW2 also
> > not depend on servlet.jar (JSPs)?

> No, but if I want that, I want to be able to use it in that
> way. Another choice is another strong "+" sign in the future's matrix.
>
> And how do you think to use WebWork2 without a
> ServletContainer, it's inpossible. If you are talking about
> servletContainer then JSP is already here. You can't escape
> servlet's and JSP. But without velocity it's nice to have an option.

We need to make sure the code doesn't use Velocity outside of the UI
tags and that you can use WW2 w/o Velocity if you don't want to use the
UI tags. For post 2.0 we can look at making the templates either
Velocity or JSP.

Jason