On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org> wrote:
> to be honest, I never understood, why the DI layer needs to be part of
> an JEE tied spec... There should be a flexible/extensible DI layer at SE.
> Extensions for that could be added to JEE...

+1000! :)  I really don't understand why the specs try to be so
application server heavy (then again, most of the expert groups have
folks like IBM on them, who sell application servers).  It doesn't
seem that tough to do most of these things outside the realm of one of
these "fat" servers.  It would be great if these specifications could
just say "as long as I have these particular services available to me,
I can run" and then we just come up with a nice pluggable services
platform (kind of like how Geronimo is set up I guess).