On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Bob originally was interested in having IOC for SE also. But from what I've
> seen so far, he is imho one of those who requests that all the annotations
> should go under javax.se.
>
> To me this sounds more like 'oh this thing can't beat guice, so it should be
> for EJB only which we do not use anyway' ...

So, why write a spec that's loosely based on Guice (a lot of concepts
look similar; along with Seam) when it can't be used in place of it?
That seems silly.  We should strive for the best all-around IoC
paradigm for Java, regardless of where it's running.  It should have
hooks for different scopes (similar to Guice and Spring and HiveMind,
etc)