Pete and I also talked with Jürgen Höller from Spring at the JSFDays. If I
remember this correctly Jürgen said that they are not yet implementing JSR-299
but follow it's progress closely.
Even in future versions (earliest 3.1) they will probably not implement the
full Spec but do like they did with JSR-250 Common Annotations.

I think Spring has lot more to offer then simple IOC. At the end of the day it
has nothing to do with Spring vs Guice vs WebBeans but what counts is that 1
engineer doesn't have to take care about such simple things anymore!

I also used spring-2.5 at Verisign but I never used @Autowire but only
@Resource because I (and a lot of other VS principals) don't like it if my code
is tied to one single 'vendor'.

If you look at JSR-250 e.g. @Resource is defined to 'take blablub from _JNDI_"!
so the whole common annotations are heavily JNDI based. But who does this
JNDI-only in praxis? Nobody! So the SE thingy is a de-facto standard for
JSR-150 as probably will be for JSR-299.

just my (highly personal) .02

LieGrue,
strub