karlhello karl:

I see your clustering howto .It's great docs!
but when i try to clustered two orion server ,i have some problem.
three computers run's orion and loadbalancer also is:
1) nts 4 + sp6a ,IE 5.01
2)sun jdk1.3 + hotspot 2.0 server version,
3)orion version 1.3.3 and 1.3.5
4)in my lan have a proxyserver : winproxy version 3.0 r1i.

when I cluster two server, the loadbalancer run and discovered two server (in one
island 1)
Run Orion Server : java -Dhttp.cluster.debug=true -Dcluster.debug=true -jar orion.jar
Run loadbalancer : java -jar loadbalancer.jar -port 8080 -debug

IP Address:
loadbalancer : 172.23.128.160:8080
orion server 1 :172.23.128.191:8000
orion server 2 :172.23.128.192:8000
http proxyserver :172.23.128.5:8080

when use my broswer (IE 5.01) point to http://172.23.160.8080/
the loadbalancer's windows show the error:
        at com.evermind.util.LongHashMap.cu(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.loadbalancer.bu.jk(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.loadbalancer.bu.i8(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.loadbalancer.LoadBalancer.i8(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.loadbalancer.bk.run(JAX)
        at com.evermind.util.f.run(JAX)

but when my browser set http proxyserver ,then point http://172.23.160.8080/
then the loadbalancer's windows show :
        Routing connection from Proxyserver/172.23.128.5 to 172.23.128.191:8000....
it seem ok ! and I shut down one orion server ,the browser can view the page,
loadbalancer works right!
And at this time,though set my browser don't use proxyserver ,
the connection seems ok,too.! the loadbalancer's windows show message:
        Routing connection from 172.23.128.160 to 172.23.128.191:8000....

So I can't understand this .It seems that i must set IE use proxyserver first,then it
can konw the route,
If not ,ie can't know the route ,and the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException raise,why???

question 2 :I can't know greatly about multicast works,it seems that must have
software or hardware on lan,
then multicast can work. Is the loadbalancer.jar have this function ? or I must have
another software
like Resonate Dispatch SLB-now or some hardware the multicast and loadbalancer.jar can
work right ?

question 3 :Is orion 1.3.5 have new config in web.xml <distributable/> ?

Thanks a lot!

            chenbin
            [EMAIL PROTECTED]