I am not sure this will help but here it goes.
My problem was were to put classes shared by my web app and my ejbs.  I
wanted to jar them up and put them some where. I asked around and got
various responses.  The response I found most useful was to put the classes
in the ejb.jar file.  So, if you have a jar file with classes you want to
use, you need to extract them some where.  Then, when you build your ejb jar
include them.  The reason to do this is that Orion's ejb classloader will
make these classes visible to your web app.  I was also told that WebLogic's
classloader behaves the same way.  This seems like a clumsy solution but
when you want to just distribute an ear file, this looks pretty good.  And
it works for me.

Good Luck!