Hi Umit,

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:58 AM, Ümit Uzun <umituzu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for late but I have already tried 2.8 :)
> There are some problem, while using osgviewer sometimes there was a "Error:
> [Screen #0] GraphicsWindowWin32::swapBuffersImplementation() - Unable to
> swap display buffers" problem.
>
>  And almost all examples working on my system but osgprecipictation example
> make my computer lock and after I run this example I get push emergency
> shutdown button :) Maybe because of my system's configuration. But I have no
> luck to figure it out what was the problem because of there was no message
> in deadlock mode :(
>
> My System : XP Pro SP3, Core2 2.2GHz, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2300, 2 GB Ram

I suspect the problems are caused by dodgy ATI drivers - both the swap
buffers and
the preciptation rendering. I have seen first hand ATIcards really
struggling with
osgpreciptiation, it looks like drivers are errors in particle sizing
that in turn causes
huge fill requirements that in turn leads to very low framerate, which
makes the
particles even larger due to the motion blurr that osgparticle implememts, which
makes things worse...

With decent drivers osgparticle works well even on relatively low
hardwre, but it
has to support GLSL properly.

> Thanks for Ver-2.8 to OSG-Family and especially Robert by 9 passion
> hardworking years :)

Thanks.  This morning it occurred to me that it's now 2009, which means it's
actually a decade now since I started putting significant amounts of
time into the OSG.