Robert,

Removing the & generates another warning:

warning C4197: 'volatile const unsigned int' : top-level volatile in cast is
ignored    c:\OpenSceneGraphSVN\src\OpenThreads\common\Atomic.cpp    133
OpenThreads

However, changing line 133 to just

return _value;

generates no warnings on Visual Studio 2008 sp1.

I also see these warnings:

warning C4701: potentially uninitialized local variable 'qu' used
c:\openscenegraphsvn\src\osg\matrixdecomposition.cpp    281    osg
warning C4512: 'CopyPointsToVertexArrayVisitor' : assignment operator could
not be generated    c:\OpenSceneGraphSVN\src\osgUtil\Simplifier.cpp
1654    osgUtil

- Donny