Hi Art,

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Art Tevs <arti_t...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> organizing a course is maybe a good idea, but I suppose that this will
> automaticly decrease the number of interested people, since they will need
> to pay then.

I was thinking that the course would be just for those that paid for the
course, and a final day would be open to all.

> If Bob and Paul would like to have such a training course, then why not. Of
> course we could split up the courses from the public talks, for example, as
> Robert said, first two days there are courses and in the last day there are
> just a free talks from people who like to present something.

I do training as well, but do far less public courses - mainly as I'm too
busy on programming work to arrange them :-)

If we could get the numbers up then we could get potentially get all three
of us along.  There is also the possibility of having other instructors on
the bill - like yourself for instance.  My thought is that just having a
short meeting is hard to justify in terms of costs and time, the a paid
course could making it more viable for more speakers.

But I am not sure if universities would like to host commercial events like
> osg training courses?! Hence if we decide to have the courses in parallel,
> then we will need another venue. So the question is, if the people who
> usually give some training courses, are willing to do it again in Paris
> soon?

I would expect a commercial course would require the uni to be paid for the
lecture room.  We might we'll need to pay for just a lecture room for a non
commercial meeting.

Cedric, Serge, Sukender which time does the winter semeter starts in france?