Hi Dani + Robert,

Am 21.02.11 11:04, schrieb Robert Osfield:
> The problems with not find the ive::Terrain::write & read
> implementations is a peculiar one,  I've just looked through the ive
> plugin and the Terrain implementation is there are looks OK as does
> the DataInputStream and DataOutputStream implementations.

It seems Dani is using the handcrafted xcode-project from the
git-repository, which had not included the Terrain.cpp for the
ive-plugin. (I committed a fix for this to the git-repository and added
a sample ive-file with texture)

the xcode-project @ git doesn't get much love anymore, as all iphone
related code is part of the official distribution. You have to use cmake
to create an iphone-specific xcode-project-file. The handcrafted xcode
project has some advantages, as you can build for simulator and device
from within the same project (which doesn't currently work via cmake)
and has a working example. Another advantage is, that you can embed the
xcode-project into your own project, so all dependencies get build
automatically.

I'll maintain the git-repository in the future, but my time is limited,
don't expect too much :-)

back to the ive/texture-problem: I have no experience with the
ive-plugin, so I converted some osg-models to ive and opened them via an
osg-app running in the simulator.

cow.ive (from cow.osg) shows no texture as cubmapping is appearently not
supported for gles 1, i get a lot of open gl errors in the console.
skydome.ive (from skydome.osg) works in the simulator.

Perhaps your ive-files use opengl features or texture-formats which are
not supported for gles 1/2, try increasing the notify-level to
DEBUG_INFO, perhaps there's some more valuable information.

cheers,
Stephan