Riccardo Corsi wrote:
> thanks Björn for the MSAA pointer - it was not the cause of the issue but the
> explanation on the 75Hz helped me solve the problem:
> I had to remove the V-sync setting from the driver configuration.

Ok, I guess you had your V-sync setting to "Force on". Otherwise this should be
handled with code inside the osgoculusviewer.

Riccardo Corsi wrote:
> So to keep a smooth experience the osg application must be able to render at
> 75Hz for both eyes - is that correct?
> This is an important tip to keep in mind...

To cite "VR Design : Best Practices":

"PERFORMANCE, i.e. FRAME RATE, IS KEY
the difference between 75fps and 30fps is night and day…
you MUST deliver 75 fps at a minimum
don’t ship until you hit this bar
this isn’t an average, its a floor : so target 100fps average
this isn’t a luxury, its a requirement."

Source: http://dsky9.com/rift/vr-design-best-practices/

Best regards
Björn