Hi Charles,

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:34:41AM -0500, Charles R. Rusty Thompson wrote:

> I would like to request there be more fields for customer contact
> information such as phone, alt phone fax and a few custom fields that can be
> relabeled to meet the needs of the OTRS implementor. Right now we have to
> depend on secondary software to lookup customer info and just being able to
> click a 'customer info' link at a ticket view would save tons of time. Here
> is a sample of what we might need that others could add to:
>
> Company name
>
> Employee Name (child table of company) - We are often contacted by up to 5
> people in a company on various issues so being able to group emplyees under
> company (which is close to what company code does but not quite) would be
> beneficial. Further... a large scale corporation has divisions so the
> ability to add multiple contacts per company would help in this case.
>
> Phone
>
> Alt Phone
>
> Fax
>
> Product (custom) ... sometimes there are multiple products
>
> Version (custom)
>
> Support Contract? (custom)... we have two support types.. email/web and
> phone we don't phone unless there is a support contract
>
> Support COntract Expiration (custom)

OTRS 1.0 comes with customer backends (DB and LDAP). You can customize the
customer fields like you want (e. g. for phone, fax, ...).

Here is an example for the DB backend:

Add to Kernel/Config.pm
[...]
    $Self->{CustomerUser} = {
        Module => 'Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB',
        Params => {
            Table => 'customer_user',
        },
        # customer uniq id
        CustomerKey => 'login',
        # customer #
        CustomerID => 'customer_id',
        CustomerValid => 'valid_id',
        CustomerListFileds => ['customer_id', 'comment'],
        CustomerUserListFileds => ['login', 'first_name', 'last_name', 'email'],
        Map => [
            # note: Login, Email and CustomerID needed!
            # var, frontend, storage, shown, required, storage-type, http-link
            [ 'UserSalutation', 'Salutation', 'salutation', 1, 0, 'var' ],
            [ 'UserFirstname', 'Firstname', 'first_name', 1, 1, 'var' ],
            [ 'UserLastname', 'Lastname', 'last_name', 1, 1, 'var' ],
            [ 'UserLogin', 'Login', 'login', 1, 1, 'var' ],
            [ 'UserPassword', 'Password', 'pw', 0, 1, 'var' ],
            [ 'UserEmail', 'Email', 'email', 1, 1, 'var' ],
            [ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'customer_id', 1, 1, 'var' ],
            [ 'UserComment', 'Comment', 'comment', 1, 0, 'var' ],
            [ 'ValidID', 'Valid', 'valid_id', 0, 1, 'int' ],
        ],
    };
[...]

If you want a phone and a fax field, add a table columns e. g.
mysql> ALTER TABLE customer_user ADD phone VARCHAR (250);
mysql> ALTER TABLE customer_user ADD fax VARCHAR (250);

and add the following to the MAP array:
[...]
    [ 'UserPhone', 'Phone', 'phone', 1, 0, 'var' ],
    [ 'UserFax', 'Fax', 'fax', 1, 0, 'var' ],
[...]

Then you will have two more fields for your customer users.

 -=> The customer user implementation in the upcoming OTRS 1.1 version
      is much better.

However, I think in your case it would be the best to use a own database
for your complex support-customer-contract setup (with all your tables like
procduct, contract, ...) and a own interface to add new contracts, procducts, ....

The interface to the OTRS could be a own/new OTRS customer backend (based on
the current DB backend) which works with your support-customer-contract-database.

 -=> So no extra lookup by the OTRS agents need be done (customer info is shown
     on QueueView, TicketZoom, PhoneView, ...).

> CT

  Martin

--
Martin Edenhofer - <martin at edenhofer.de> - http://martin.edenhofer.de/