Installing the additional modules on XAMPP would probably require
additional rights since you would need to compile at least a couple of
them, for which you would need access to a C compiler. Ref:
[http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/perl/pod/perlmodinstall.html]
XAMPP does not use ActivePerl or such so installing Perl modules is
not that easy.

Of course I do not have insight in your organisation and your position
in it but if you don't get administrative rights you might not be the
right person to do the evaluation. You should go to your manager, or
your manager's manager, and try to convince them of the need for OTRS
in your organisation. You should get them to convince IT to work with
you to perform a succesful evaluation. This way you can also organise
a supportive base for implementation of OTRS in your company when
you'd get to the next step: implementation.

Good luck with your project!

Kind regards,
--
Michiel Beijen