To all,
today ive installed succesful the otrs system on my work pc, without using
the win installer, nor with having registered services or other.
so meaning  i made it working without admin rights, and this includes that
you can make otrs portable,
If anyone interested i will post in short how it was done on the easy way.
sincerly Sol.

2008/12/17 sol sol <solle...@gmail.com>

> [...]
>
> Even in the otrs from source manual for win32 you cant find nowhere an how
> to in the zip package, all they mention is linux (what the heck is it doing
> in the win source btw?)
> Maybe i am missing something about the c compiler, can you direct me to the
> things is hould recompile cause c compiler works to without admin rights ,
> and i can if necesserly  use an other machine to compile what i need.
> Before i forget; thanks Michiel, i have the needed packages for perl
> allready installed without need of admin :-)
>
> Anton; thanks for the advice, but the problem is the system manager wil
> fold this in a project and like mentioned earlier, we are no small company
> the current status is 2012 if i would like it to be tested.
> About things doing right, yes ofcourse that is why after evaluation the
> needed files will be exported like mentioned in the manual.
>
> So did nobody ever tryed to isntall this on windows without the msi
> installer?
>
> thanks Mr . Sol
>
> 2008/12/17 Anton Gubar'kov <anton.gubar...@gmail.com>
>
> Hello,
>>
>> You need the things done right, don't you? I suspect that you want your
>> OTRS system get up automatically when the host system is rebooted. If you
>> run on Windows platform I think you are pretty much aware of the monthly
>> update release cycle and reboot is needed to complete the update.
>>
>> In order to have your MySQL database server and Apache shut down cleanly
>> at host shutdown and start up nicely at host startup you need to run it as
>> Windows service. You need admin rights to install a new service. Period.
>>
>> If you need convincing arguments for your manager, try telling him/her
>> that you tested with limited rights, however this is not a recommended way
>> to run OTRS. You encountered a stability problem. The suggested remedy is to
>> install the services. You need admin rights to this particular host. Or
>> alternatively you need help of a person with admin rights to do the job for
>> you.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Anton.
>>
>> 2008/12/17 sol sol <solle...@gmail.com>
>>
>>  Michiel,
>>> the problem is that we are not a small company, i can request it on our
>>> it services but then the problem is that they well need to setup the
>>> project, and problably with a look on the current ones the soonest test date
>>> will be in 2012.
>>> But we cant wait that long,
>>>
>>> About Xampp, xampp package can be run without installing, take a look
>>> here :
>>> http://www.apachefriends.org/download.php?xampp-win32-1.6.8.zip
>>> extract it to some location and you will see everything runs without
>>> installing.
>>> For perl it uses mod_perl the same story:
>>>
>>> http://www.apachefriends.org/download.php?xampp-win32-perl-addon-5.10.0-2.2.9-pl2.zip
>>>  extract it to some location and you will see everything runs without
>>> for the needed modules go to perl/bin and use ppm (or was it pmm?) in dos