You shouldn't need to use cron to keep your time in sync, you can just
install ntpd and configure it to synchronise time with at least 3
global NTP servers (see pool.ntp.org). But you might want to find out
why your clock keeps losing time in the first place as that could
indicate bigger issues with the CPU/server motherboard itself.

As for fixing the problems with OTRS, as these seem to be time
dependant, fix the time part first and then see if you still have
issues with OTRS.

Steve