> On 3 February 2013 15:11, Esteban Monge <este...@nuevaeralatam.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Steve.
>>
>> My server is a VM under VMWare, maybe sys admin can put a politic to
>> sync
>> time in different way to my Debian, generally time changes at 6p.m. I
>> tried with NTP server but sometimes don't works good and the time need
>> changed manually, when I note the change, can be 24 hours or more, for
>> documentation is a bad behavior.
>>
>> I going to try with NTP again...
>
> So as Michiel said you need to ensure vmtools are installed and active
> on your Debian VM (I missed the part where you said you were running
> on ESX). As you are sharing a CPU with other VMs then this is what is
> probably causing your time to skew, installing vmtools will fix that.
> Though in all of our Debian VM images I also have them synchronising
> against our NTP server as well.
>
> There is an open source set of tools available but you need the
> ability to compile and install kernel modules on your VM, the
> instructions I use are:
>
> # Install Open VMware Tools
> aptitude install build-essential open-vm-tools open-vm-source
> module-assistant auto-install open-vm -i
>
> The first one will install the open-vm-tools and the compiler+tools,
> second command will automatically build and install the open-vm kernel
> modules. After that's done reboot.

Right!!! I installed these Open VM Tools in my VM. Maybe the problem is
that the sysadmin had sync NTP from VMWare to Costa_Rica time but I
configured to Panama time. I have seen that tickets put a time in negative
around to 60 minutes, difference between Costa Rica and Panama.

Maybe sysadm can disable sync for my VM.

Thanks again.