On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM, David Kean <david.k...@microsoft.com>wrote:

>  Thanks for the feedback. On the three different versions things, why are
> you using three? What you building that still requires 2005/2008?****
>
> **

Ok, we do builds for products that were released when 2005 (and 2008) were
current, and it's not convenient, or safe, to update them to 2010 (or 2012)
- we're only doing maintenance fixes on them.  It'd be nice if you could
open a 2005 project with 2012, without converting it to 2012 format, and
then compile it with the 2005 version of CL.  That would give you the 2012
UI, and not alter the project/solution/binary more than necessary.

--
Meski

   http://courteous.ly/aAOZcv

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. Sure,
you'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills

<<image001.png>>