Hi,

I read Scott's blog, and then went back to the Microsoft blog to take a
second look.

*Things that I use a lot that are missing.*

Solution Explorer, Properties and Macro Explorer icons in the tool-bar.

*Toolbar changes.*

[image: Inline image 1]

*Comment / Uncomment .  *
I use CTRL+K C  / CTRL+K U ,  so no problem there.

*New Project. *
Never use it from there, always do it from the solution explorer.

*File Open.*
Always click this Icon, it's the same in Word, Excel, Sql Server Management
basically all windows applications.
not looking for the biggest splodge of yellow on the screen will be annoying

*Save*
Ctrl+S  or CTRL+SHIFT+S

*Find In Files, *
Always use, because it's next to the quick find, if quick find doesn't work
I click the little icon next to it and try again. except. in 2011, it's
completely in the wrong place.

*Bookmarks*
Ctrl + K + K, Ctrl + K + N , CTRL + K + P

Overall, it won't effect me too much, except when I do support, (searching
in files, and opening source files).

*
A quick glance at the Solution Explorer window*

[image: Inline image 2]

There are Six icons there,  Back, Forward, Home?, Cascade Windows?,
synchronize views?, Find in Files (white) ? and Settings?

In VSxxxx  you have Properties, Show Hidden Files, Refresh,, view code,
(view designer), Class Diagram.

I'm not sure how those match up in the new Visual studio, but switching
between versions is going to be a major pain in the arse.
*
Properties Box*
The 2010 version looks much better than the 2011 version, the tabs are well
separated and the highlighted tab is clear that it's a part of the form on
the right. The 2011 version looks disassociated.

On my machine, (XP 32bit) I have.

VS2005
VS2008
VS2010
Sql Server Management 2008
Office 2003

The company I work for will not upgrade to the Ribbon version of office,
because of all the support calls it would generate. So I have to do VSTO
projects in 2008,   I have an app that won't upgrade (.xsd files) to 2005
or 2010. And we are currently doing desktop UI application in .net 4.0.

In any one week I will have used all three version of VS, and accessed a
number of different DB's some with auto-completion some without, all using
the same UI.

Please provide a "Classic Skin" as well. to emulate the VS2010 icons so the
switching will not be as shocking.

Davy,

The US Congress voted Pizza sauce a vegetable. Don't even try to convince
me of anything in the states is sane any more!