From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of DotNet Dude
Sent: Monday, 29 February 2016 4:06 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] ACS - relevant?

Haven''t even heard ACS since like 2000. Never comes up in interviews or any
conversation at all from my experience.

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 3:50 PM, David Apelt <d...@signmanager.com.au
<mailto:d...@signmanager.com.au> > wrote:

The only time I ever hear of the ASC (Australian Computer Society) is the punch
line in bad IT jokes.

But last night I had a Pakistani taxi driver who had just got his masters in
IT.  He spoke with enthusiasm about the ASC and how he was going to be paying
them $12500 over the next year so that he could be accredited in IT. (!!)

I just want to test the waters here; are the ASC relevant? Are they doing a
good job? Does anyone ask for ACS accreditation during interviews?

I am in Melbourne for work at the moment. Maybe it is a regional thing?