David, do you consider yourself to be an IT Professional?

On 29 February 2016 at 15:35, DotNet Dude <[email protected]> wrote:

> Haven''t even heard ACS since like 2000. Never comes up in interviews or
> any conversation at all from my experience.
>
> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 3:50 PM, David Apelt <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> The only time I ever hear of the ASC (Australian Computer Society) is the
>> punch line in bad IT jokes.
>>
>>
>>
>> But last night I had a Pakistani taxi driver who had just got his masters
>> in IT.  He spoke with enthusiasm about the ASC and how he was going to be
>> paying them $12500 over the next year so that he could be accredited in IT.
>> (!!)
>>
>>
>>
>> I just want to test the waters here; are the ASC relevant? Are they doing
>> a good job? Does anyone ask for ACS accreditation during interviews?
>>
>>
>>
>> I am in Melbourne for work at the moment. Maybe it is a regional thing?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>


-- 
Peter Griffith CP
PH: 0408 832 891

Reply via email to