Hi Jo,
I agree that professionals (often docs) don't listen to mothers enough
about dates of conception, instead relying on u/s dates.  And this is the
beginning of negating the mother's experience and knowledge of her pregancy
as far as I'm concerned.  Where I work an LMP date almost seems superfluous
to the docs. However, I always feel like my job is easier when mothers are
certain about their LMP dates and when they had intercourse.  Just a
reminder though that the date of intercourse in not necessarily the date of
conception.  Remember sperm can live up to seven days in the reproductive
tract so there is still window of seven days where conception could
occur.  That said, if a mother is certain of dates that is what I use for
dating pregnancy over u/s. Just had to get in my .02 cents worth of
biological info.......

Meaghan Moon
Manitoba, Canada