Thankyou to those who have replied so far...  I forgot to say that our other children are almost 9yo, 6.5yo, and 3.5yo.  I have been preparing them as much as I know how... borrowing videos from the birth centre & books.  Talking about the way the baby may look & feel.  Making them very aware that I usually make allot of noise & why mothers make noise when giving birth.  They have always known where babies enter the world from & have been quite interested in the video's of women giving birth & how the vaginal opening gets so big (we have had many an interesting discussion about that one).  Our children have made their own decision about being at the birth & my two sisters are going to be their support people.  They have come to the hospital & met our midwife on many occasions.  They know they can leave the room at any time they wish.  MY big concern now is that they won't get to the hospital on time if they are at school (their support people will collect them as soon as I go into labour) due to the fact that I usually have fast labours.  Oh well... trying to prepare them for all possibilities.

Looking excitedly forward to labour, birth, meeting this new little person & starting breastfeeding all over again (I've been pregnant or breastfeeding for the past 10 yeas approx).

Tina H.