Hi Lemon,

>it will ultimateley be determined by ones
> view of the world. and science is a view...

This argument leads to sophism, where every idea (think intelligent
design) is as worthy and good as every other. That's false :-). At
least, in the reality-based community.

>for example...i believe in the
> passive approach...and my protocols reflect that...and if you know small
> world theory; this could be called the 'weak' connection....which if you
> know anything about human and social behavior, is the one where information
> travels most efficiently.

I guess none of us know anything about human and social behavior; we
all thought information travels fastest down the shortest fiber link with
the smallest number of hops.

Frankly, a lot of small world hype relies on hand-wavy allusions to
social behavior. Well, computers aren't people; they can be very
efficient when
misapplied analogies do not get in the way.

Bob.