On 09/03/2010 06:51, Ben Taylor wrote:
Escalate higher.  This is a ridiculous argument by some clueless
Sunsolve engineer.

The first rule of PCA is: You do not talk about PCA to Sun support.

I wouldn't bother escalating. It sounds like he's hit a backline OS engineer, and said engineer has taken the hump. Close the case, then open a new one and hopefully you'll get a different backline engineer that hasn't seen the previous ticket. Tell him/her that you're using patchadd to add 142901-05. Observe the first rule of PCA at all times.

Dave

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 12:01 AM, Scott A. Severtson