From: pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at [mailto:pca-boun...@lists.univie.ac.at] On
Behalf Of David Stark
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 5:15 AM
To: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Subject: Re: [pca] Patch 142901-05: installation woes

On 09/03/2010 06:51, Ben Taylor wrote:
> Escalate higher.  This is a ridiculous argument by some clueless
> Sunsolve engineer.

The first rule of PCA is: You do not talk about PCA to Sun support.

I wouldn't bother escalating. It sounds like he's hit a backline OS
engineer, and said engineer has taken the hump. Close the case, then
open a new one and hopefully you'll get a different backline engineer
that hasn't seen the previous ticket. Tell him/her that you're using
patchadd to add 142901-05. Observe the first rule of PCA at all times.

Dave