----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: Wake up

><Snipped content>
> As you noted Pål, our numbers are smallish relative to the
world's population
> but America's consumer purchasing power makes the real numbers
nearly moot.

    Not true. The income disparity in the USA means that while
the per capita income may seem to be very high (this is
statistics at work), the fact is that there is a concentation of
high income in a very small population group, making the USA a
much smaller market than Mafud likes to think it is. A very
large percentage of the population of the US lives in conditions
approaching the poorest of the third world , while a very small
percentage lives in genteel conditions. It is this monied gentry
that buys the expensive consumer goods. William Robb

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.